alcohol withdrawal side effects
Taking alcohol has been a part of life of many people. The consumption differs according to culture, gender or age. Some consume as a habit, some to celebrate something or some to relax and forget miseries. But the addiction mostly leads to bad conditions like illness, family problems and problems with mental health. Alcoholism is an abuse it starts leading your life.
Detoxification from alcohol dependence should be done under professional. It should be done taking in mind the grip on you. Alcohol withdrawal is a great hurdle in recovery.
What is alcohol withdrawal?
Alcohol withdrawal is a syndrome which affects person who is a regular drinker and stops suddenly the alcohol consumption. Three fourth of them show the symptoms of withdrawal. They vary from the nagging hangover and even to death. It is very common in heavy and regular drinkers.
The symptoms of alcohol withdrawal:
There are many symptoms which are common among the drinkers having withdrawal which are as under:
- Decreasing appetite.
- Feeling anxious.
- Severe headache.
- Sweating most of the time.
- Craves for alcohol beverages.
- Unsound sleep.
These were the common symptoms. The other symptoms are pointing towards more dangerous situation. They are:
- Seizure: It is a disorder in which nerve cell activity in brain is disturbed. It mostly can’t be cured. About one fourth of the alcoholics who are passing through withdrawal, suffers from seizure. It can occur after one to five days after cessation of alcohol.know about meso cancer symptoms
- Delirium tremens: It is a very severe form of alcohol withdrawal. The chronic alcoholics suffer from severe and sudden changes in nervous system and mental status. 5%of the patients suffering from this die. This condition can be in patients within 3 days and can last up to four days. The heart rate is abnormally rapid and severe changes in stress related hormones.
Risks related to alcohol withdrawal syndrome:
Many things decide the duration and the ratio of alcohol withdrawal symptoms. The patient has to undergo many tests to see the physical and mental injuries. How much damage has happened due to alcohol, should be considered. Other factors like the duration of consumption, prior detoxification, earlier delirium tremens and seizures have to be kept in mind. The patient sometimes very depressive and even thinks of suicide. There are so many risks involved like: know about mouth cancer
- Liver and kidney damages.
- The disease related heart muscles.
- Deficiency of nutrients.
- Inflammation in stomach.
The patients who are hospitalized due to this syndrome are all not diagnosed correctly. Most of the doctors know about their suffering but are not able to accurate diagnose them.
It is now clear that how the alcohol withdrawal risky is. Never take it lightly. Take care of yourself or the person who is taking detoxification. Have knowledge about all the severity and facilities provided while detoxification. Be prepared to deal with all the symptoms like seizures as your life is at risk.hope you like our article about alcohol withdrawal symptoms