Moving ahead from Astavakara Geeta Indroduction : Part 1……
As per the decided talk between Rishi Ashtavakra & king JANAK, Ashtavakra went to palace of King JANAK & started conversation as follows,
King Janak asked: “kathamgyanam?? Kathammukti???” (1. What is knowledge / how to know eternal truth?? 2. How to get freedom? / What’s the meaning of true freedom?)
Rishi Ashtavakra thought: “why king asked such type of questions…?” & started talk to himself… there are four type of curiosities:
Curiosity of GYANI, MUMUXU, AGYANI, MOODH.
Elaborate each type above in simple form:
- MOODH (dumb):Never asks for knowledge or freedom, a kind of person whose curiosity is yet in slept inactive condition. (Not even raised yet). Up to that level where he doesn’t even know that there is something like knowledge or problem exists in this world. Whenever he asks, asks about bounds… how to be more boundfull in society?? Relationships??
- AGYANI (rigid):totally rigid curiosity, don’t agreed with others. Always thing he is correct. And whenever he asks, ask only to examine others. Because he thinks whatever he know is the truth and nothing else can exists. (practically dangerous king of curiosity)
- MUMUXU (flexible to learn):pure curiosity, very simple &full of words. In fact he knows what he wants to know & can describe the same in words.
- GYANI (true knowledgeable): the person has already know truth, saralnishkpat, but it doesn’t mean he is not ready to learn anymore. He is open minded & Eveready to know truth n knowledge, is mostly speechless or wordless, almost peacefullvishram.
Rishi ashtavakra thought in above way because he wanted to know first how the listener is…?sothat he can select type of answer according to the capacity & mentality of listener.
(In fact for a true SADGURU its very important to know the person “who is asking..??” then to know “what is being asked..??” & that’s what the rishi Ashtavakra did.)
Lets have a simple example of it:
THERE ARE 4 TYPES OF HORSES:
- Those who never runs no matter how hard you bit him. (MOODH)
- Those who runs only after biting him with hunter. (AGYANI)
- Those who runs by giving sound of hunter to it. (MUMUXU)
- Those who runs just by seeing the hunter. Not even necessary to have sound of it. (GYANI)
Having all this thought process inside him, finally rishi Ashtavakra said to King JANAK: “if you really want to know how freedom & true knowledge can be achieved, then leave all VISHAY(subjects related to negativity, e.g. Jealous, anger, expectation, ambition) like you are leaving POISON & do startliving with
- XAMA (forgiveness),
- AARJAV (simplicity),
- DAYA (mercy),
- SANTOSH (satisfaction, having gratitude that whatever we got it more than enough, and actually it is as our basic needs are very minors, also in the context of honor, wealth, success) &
- SATYA (truth) inside you.
*actually word SATISFACTION here is a very large & deep concept that we will discuss later on.
Also He asked to janak you are no earth, no water, no fire, no wind…. For the sake of freedom treat yourself as witness of soul………………… to be continued……